Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
Found this recipe in the Recipe Hall of Fame Cookbok II. I have changed it a little to what I have on hand such as turkey instead of chicken and sometimes I have used cream of mushroom and chicken soups for just the mushroom soup. I also have added garlic for our tastebuds.
- 2 -3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped celery
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans mushroom soup
- 1 (3 ounce) package slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Mix all ingredients except bread crumbs and butter. Place mixture in a greased 9 x 12-inch pan or casserole dish.
- Brown bread crumbs lightly in butter. Sprinkle ove casserole; refrigerate overnight. Remove from refrigerator 1 hour before cooking.
- Bake 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees.