Recipe by Happy Harry #2
When I first tasted a curry, I didn't like it, but over the years I found out about curries and their many differences. This is how I introduced my children to curry. The last ingredient was the clincher...everything was better with THIS in it.... Today, they eat many curries as do I.
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk, undiluted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown onion lightly in margarine, add curry powder.
- Combine ketchup, milk, salt, and water.
- Add gradually to onion, stirring until it thickens.
- Add evaporated milk and lemon juice.
- Use over rice, or make "red" scrambled eggs. My dauhter loved this put in a well made in the middle of mashed potatoes -- we called it the "Red Sea" potatoes!