Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found a recipe for Fresh Peach Cake (recipe 60378), but needed to healthify it for a first birthday party. Subbed whole wheat flour, cut lots of sugar, skipped the sugar topping. They came out more like muffins, but we delicious and all the kids liked them! Especially my little birthday boy. If you want to use these as a special treat, I topped mine with recipe 187817, Whipped Cream Cream Cheese Frosting. So good.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups whole wheat flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pinch salt
- 3 peaches, diced
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a bowl big enough to hold all the rest of the ingredients.
- Add everything else but the peaches and mix until combined.
- Fold in the peaches.
- Scoop into lined muffin tin, filling 3/4 full for a cupcake like shape. A bit more for a muffin with a top on it.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.