Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
I wanted to make a low-sugar cupcake with no artificial sweeteners for my son's first birthday. This is what I came up with after testing out a few different ideas. It was a hit with the baby and even the adults asked for seconds! I made a coconut cream cheese frosting to top it with and decorated with banana chips.
- 158.51 ml banana, mashed
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 44.37 ml molasses
- 29.58 ml agave nectar (for more of a muffin you can omit this)
- 177.44 ml apple juice
- 473.18 ml unbleached flour (or any combo of whole wheat pastry flour and unbleached all purpose)
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- Beat banana and butter together in mixer until creamy and well blended. Add in eggs a little at a time, blending well. Add in molasses, agave and apple juice. Mix dry ingredients together in a small bowl. Add to the the wet a little at a time until smooth.
- Pour in muffin tins lined with cupcake liners. Leave about 1/2" at the top.
- Bake at 350 at for 15-20 until done in center when tested.