1/1 Photo of Firni
This was in response to a recipe request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the fresh milk into a heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat.
- 2Mix the ground rice and ground almonds together and sprinkle evenly over the milk.
- 3Bring the milk to the boil, stirring frequently.
- 4Add the evaporated milk and sugar, stir and cook over a low heat for 6-8 minutes.
- 5Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool-stirring occasionally to prevent a skin forming on top.
- 6Stir in the rosewater and the ground cardamon.
- 7Reserve a few almonds, pistachios, and apricots for garnish, and stir the remaining ones into the pudding.
- 8Transfer the firni into a serving dish and top with the reserved fruit and nuts.
- 9Serve hot or cold.
Nutritional Facts for Firni
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.7
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.3 mg
- Sodium 112.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: