Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Add the salt and slowly pour in the cornmeal, mixing constantly with a wooden spoon until it is all incorporated.
- Turn the heat to low and cook until it's smooth and no longer grainy (30-35 minutes). Be sure to stir often so that the bottom doesn't burn.
- Spread the warm polenta evenly into a lightly oiled container and allow to cool.
- When cool, cut the polenta into whatever shape you desire. Firm polenta can be grilled, baked or fried.