Recipe by Dienia B.
From Greece; a canning recipe; you can use crab apples. It is called a spoon treat. For Zaar tour 6. The canning amount wasn't given here so I guesstimated.
- 1⁄4 cup clove
- 6 lbs apples, small peeled
- 2 lemons
- 11 cups water
- 11 cups sugar
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
Directions See How It's Made
- Place clove on top and bottom of each peeled apple.
- Juice the lemon and put peel in pot.
- Put water and sugar in pot; stir.
- Put in cinnamon.
- Put in apples as soon as sugar dissolves some.
- When full boil is reached, lower heat to lowest heat to maintain a slow boil without covering, and cook 1 hour 15 minutes.
- 5 minutes; pour in lemon juice and brandy.
- Allow to cool to lukewarm before removing.
- Put in clean jar and seal, taking out cinnamon stick and lemon peel.