Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Spicy shrimp stir fried with edamame and carrots over Asian noodles. Posted on my food blog at: http://www.comfortcookadventures.com/2013/01/noodling-through-asian-cuisines.html
- 1 (12 ounce) package Asian noodles (lo mein, soba, udon)
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshelled frozen edamame (soy beans)
- 1 (8 ounce) packagejulienned frozen carrots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (Sriracha or Thai chili sauce are best)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Prepare noodles according to package directions; 5 minutes before noodles are done, add the edamame and carrots; finish cooking the noodles. Drain, but reserve a ½ cup of cooking water; mix the water back in with the noodles and vegetables and also mix in the garlic, ginger and hot sauce.
- In a Wok or large skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat; cook shrimp until they turn pink, about 2-3 minutes. Add the noodle/vegetable mixture plus the soy sauce and sesame oil. Mix thoroughly and cook an additional 2 minutes before serving.
- Note: additional hot sauce can be added if desired.