Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I created these beans for a Fourth of July party a few years ago. They're an interesting blend of sweet, salty and spicy (but not hot) and they're easy, too!
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 5 cups cooked navy beans or 5 cups great northern beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon.
- Pour off most of the bacon grease (but not all- leave a couple of tablespoons), add onions, and saute in bacon grease until transparent.
- Combine with all other ingredients and pour into a baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees F until heated through, bubbly and a little browned on top (about 20 to 25 minutes).