Uncle Dobo's Note:
Anybody who has been to Alaska has probably seen the fields full of beautiful fireweed. You can make jelly from the blossoms. I found this recipe online.
My Private Note
jars fi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Gather fireweed blossoms, then wash and measure out the 8 packed cups of cleaned ones.
- 2In a large pot, combine the blossoms, lemon juice, butter, and water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3Pour through a sieve then return liquid to pot and heat through to medium low. Discard contents of sieve.
- 4Add packages of pectin, stir, and bring to a boil.
- 5Add the sugar, stir well, and bring to a full boil. Let boil fully for 1 minute, then turn off heat.
- 6Stir until sugar is fully dissolved.
- 7Pour into sterilized jelly jars, leaving 1/4- inch head space.
- 8Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- 9Makes 10 to 12 jars fireweed jelly.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fireweed Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (2233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.3
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.0 mg
- Sodium 24.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 100.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: