1/1 Photo of Firestorm Burritos
I was at the johnsonville.com site ck'ing something else when I found this tempting recipe. Their only comment was "Some nachos on the side & you've got a fiesta!" All of a sudden a picture came to mind of a patio party w/pitchers of margaritas & a big bowl of guacamole plus trays of nachos & these burritos w/sopapillas & honey for dessert. When a recipe can have that effect on a well-adjusted & well-fed "mature" woman, then it deserves to be shared! *Enjoy*
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 teaspoons seasoning (roasted chipotle & onion blend suggested, but taco seasoning can be used)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 green pepper (finely diced)
- 1 red pepper (finely diced)
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 1 bunch green onion (sliced)
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 1 cup salsa (lime & garlic flavor suggested)
- 8 bratwursts (Johnsonville Hot & Spicy suggested, but sub your choice of brats)
- 8 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese (shredded)
- 8 (10 -12 inch) flour tortillas (may use as sml as 8 inch tortillas)
- 1Mix 1st 9 ingredients & set aside.
- 2Prepare bratwurst per pkg directions & set aside, but keep warm.
- 3Heat flour tortillas, immediately sprinkle 1 oz of shredded cheese down the center of ea tortilla & top ea tortilla w/a warm brat.
- 4Generously spoon the sauce/veggie mixture down ea side of the brat & roll tortilla to enclose the contents.
- 5To Serve: If using 10-12 inch tortillas, you will likely have enough tortilla to fold over 1 or both ends & eat by hand. If using 8 in tortillas, just roll it up, plan to use a knife & fork & serve w/any remaining sauce. When you taste the sauce, you will want more of it anyway!
- 6NOTE: Time does not include time to prepare bratwurst links per pkg directions. Time did include 15 min for veggie prep & 15 min for assembly.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Firestorm Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 692.2
- Calories from Fat 402
- Total Fat 44.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 103.1 mg
- Sodium 1538.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 26.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: