Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Based on a recipe from my Magic Bullet to Go! Recipe Handbook camping section. It says, “The perfect pick-me-up for a mid-day slump! In just seconds, you’ll have a frosty, refreshing, chocolate-y coffee drink that will be the envy of neighboring campers!” For one serving, halve the ingredients; for four servings, simply double the ingredients. I would presume this can also be made in a regular blender, so I’ve included directions for either.
- 1 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- 2 -3 tablespoons chocolate syrup or 2 -3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1 cup ice
- Fill a blender with a cup of ice or The Magic Bullet’s Tall Cup halfway with ice.
- Add chocolate syrup, milk, and sugar.
- Add a cup of coffee to the blender and mix until smooth or fill The Magic Bullet’s Tall Cup ¾ full with coffee and mix with the Cross Blade until smooth.
- Pour mixture into 2 coffee cups.
- If desired, add whipping cream to the Short Cup and blend with the Flat Blade for about 5 seconds or use store-bought whipping cream in the can or make homemade whipping cream (I do this by chilling hand mixer beaters and bowl in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes; then I whip cream and some sugar or Grand Marnier until soft peaks form).
- Add whipped cream to the top of the coffee mixtures and serve.
Yum! I made this earlier in the month and didn't use strong enough coffee, so the entire drink just tasted sweet and watery (I also eye-balled the ingredients which was a bad idea!). Made again today using good robust coffee, in the right amounts, and it's great. I also used syrup so no need for the extra sugar. Thanks for sharing Mersaydees!
wow this was fantastic. It is cold here in melbourne right now but I really enjoyed this. Made for RECIPE SWAP #40 - May 2010 in the Aust/NZ forum :)
Great coffee! I had some coffee left from breakfast so I saved it and had an afternoon treat. Doubled the amount of chocolate syrup, used skim milk, and did not add sugar. Liked the froth and that the coffee wasnt overly sweet. I used my Hamilton Beach mixer that is like a Magic Bullet and it worked great. Think Hershey's makes a dark chocolate syrup and will give that a try too. Made and reveiwed for the Australian/NewZealand Forums Recipe Swap #38.