Recipe by mersaydees
Based on a recipe from my Magic Bullet to Go! Recipe Handbook camping section. It says, “The perfect pick-me-up for a mid-day slump! In just seconds, you’ll have a frosty, refreshing, chocolate-y coffee drink that will be the envy of neighboring campers!” For one serving, halve the ingredients; for four servings, simply double the ingredients. I would presume this can also be made in a regular blender, so I’ve included directions for either.
Top Review by magpie diner
Yum! I made this earlier in the month and didn't use strong enough coffee, so the entire drink just tasted sweet and watery (I also eye-balled the ingredients which was a bad idea!). Made again today using good robust coffee, in the right amounts, and it's great. I also used syrup so no need for the extra sugar. Thanks for sharing Mersaydees!
- 1 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- 2 -3 tablespoons chocolate syrup or 2 -3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1 cup ice
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a blender with a cup of ice or The Magic Bullet’s Tall Cup halfway with ice.
- Add chocolate syrup, milk, and sugar.
- Add a cup of coffee to the blender and mix until smooth or fill The Magic Bullet’s Tall Cup ¾ full with coffee and mix with the Cross Blade until smooth.
- Pour mixture into 2 coffee cups.
- If desired, add whipping cream to the Short Cup and blend with the Flat Blade for about 5 seconds or use store-bought whipping cream in the can or make homemade whipping cream (I do this by chilling hand mixer beaters and bowl in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes; then I whip cream and some sugar or Grand Marnier until soft peaks form).
- Add whipped cream to the top of the coffee mixtures and serve.