Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
From Southern Living. Calls for 6 tablespoons bourbon which is a lot for my taster--add to taste.
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate square, chopped
- 1 cup hot brewed coffee
- 6 tablespoons Bourbon (or add to taste)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream
- In a 2-cup glass measuring cup, microwave the half-and-half on HIGH for 1-2 minutes or until steamy.
- Pour over chocolate; let stand 1 minute, and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in coffee and next 4 ingredients (stir until sugar is dissolved; may need to heat on stove over low heat to maintain desired drinking temperature).
- Serve immediately with whipped cream on top.
I cut the bourbon down by half for an afternoon pick me up. Dark and delicious. Made for the Comfort Cafe, a tag game.
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! I loved it to pieces! didn't change a single thing, and I don't like alcohol of any kind to stand out in any recipe, and I liked this just the way it was. My DH added more bourbon to his second cup. Wonderful stuff!thank you so very much for a wonderful drink.