Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fireproofing a tree is a simple process and well worth the extra effort.
- You will also need a bucket and a spray bottle.
- In the bucket mix 1/2 gallon of warm water, the alum, boric acid and borax.
- Stir well until the powders dissolve.
- Finally, stir in the other 1/2 gallon of water, mixing well.
- Put some solution into a spray bottle and generously spray your tree; probably a good idea to do this outside and/or use a tarp or plastic underneath.
- Add more of the liquid to the spray bottle as needed, spraying to thoroughly cover the branches and trunk.
- If you have any of this mixture remaining, add it to the tree stand.
- Allow the tree to dry before decorating.
- Make sure to clean up any spilled water or pine needles to avoid staining.