Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great dish that I have learned and added to at the firehouse. I usually don't measure the ingredients, but I tried to narrow it down. if you have any suggestion let me know.
- 1 lb hot Italian turkey sausage (can also use pork)
- 1 lb dried farfalle pasta (bow tie)
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato
- olive oil
Can also add
- 1 cup of sliced black olives
- 1 cup of seasones artichoke heart
- Boil water for the pasta.
- Clean and spin the basil leaves only no stems.
- Put the pine nuts on a baking sheet and put in the oven at 400 degrees until they start to brown. Pull them out and let them cool down.
- Remove sausage from skin and roll into ball, large or small. The smaller the roll the more sausage you get with every bite. no oil needed just put on skillet and cook.
- If the sun-dried tomatoes are really hard let them soak in olive oil. Cut the tomatoes into strips.
- With a blender add basil and a little olive oil (1/8 cup). Blend together.
- Add Parmesan cheese, garlic, and pine nuts. Continue blending and adding olive oil until basil is a sauce. Do not put too much olive oil, this will make it very oily.
- Strain sun-dried tomatoes.
- Once the pasta is done drain and put back into pot. Stir in pesto and sun-dried tomatoes.