Recipe by Mille®
I got this wonderful recipe from a friend who is a paramedic at the local fire station. It's a favourite snack that they munch on in between 911 calls.
Top Review by Kat's Mom
Six thumbs up from the family. DS wants the recipe for football game days. Next time I will add salsa instead of taco sauce because we prefer salsa and I am sure it would work. Thanks!
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb bulk sausage
- 4 ounces chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 2 -3 canned jalapeno peppers or 2 -3 canned habanero peppers, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) jar taco sauce (your choice how spicy)
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese (, 2 oz)
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 ripe olives, sliced
- sliced green onion (, to garnish)
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground beef, onion, and garlic in medium skillet until meat is browned, stirring to break up pieces.
- Drain well.
- Return to skillet and stir in refried beans, cumin, and oregano.
- Spread bean mixture in a 9 inches quiche dish or pie plate.
- Top with layer of chopped peppers.
- Pour taco sauce over top and spread evenly.
- **Atthis point, dip may be covered with plastic wrap& chilled for up to 24 hrs if desired.
- Bake the bean mixture, uncovered, in a 350-degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheeses and bake 5-10 minutes more or until heated through.
- Sprinkle olives and green onion over dip.
- Serve hot with warm tortilla chips.