Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This one comes from ladies home journal and is a favorite in my kitchen.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup bottled pasta sauce with vegetables
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 8 ounces Italian sausage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 ounces provolone cheese or 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons bottled pasta sauce (same as above)
- 2 tablespoons shredded provolone cheese or 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, the 1/2 cup pasta sauce, garlic and rosemary.
- Remove casing from sausage.
- Add ground beef and sausage, mix well.
- Press 2/3 of the mixture evenly in the bottom of an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan.
- Add cheese cubes.
- Add the 1/3 mix left.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and spread on top.
- Bake 55 minutes.
So good and easy to make! The cheese in the middle of the meat loaf was a neat idea. Made Feb 10,02 on Worldwide Recipezaar Day.
My new husband absolutely loved this! The sausage really added to the zest of it. I've sent the pic, but it really tastes better than it photographs! I used mozzarella and didn't change a thing. I served it with homemade roll, green beans with bacon, and mashed potatoes. Thanks for an easy, great tasting "manly man's meal"!
What a nice twist to the traditional meatloaf! The pasta sauce, garlic, and rosemary are in just the right proporation so as not to overpower the meatloaf. My husband loved the mixture of ground beef with the Italian sausage, and the melted cheese (I used mozzarella) in the middle was a nice surprise for everyone at my table. The only change I made was to double the pasta sauce and shredded mozzarella for the top of the meatloaf. I'm so excited to have another meatloaf recipe to rotate with my tried and true family recipe. Thanks!