Recipe by Denise in da Kitchen
My brother-in-law was a fireman and this is one of the dishes that was popular at the fire house. Those guys can really cook! (Prep time is approximate)
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, sliced
- 1 lb sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 6 chicken cutlets
- 2 ounces low-fat swiss cheese
- shredded swiss cheese
- shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound the chicken cutlets to make them very thin and "rollable".
- Saute scallions and mushrooms together with dry sherry until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add broccoli, then cover pan and simmer until tender.
- To veggies add 2 ounces swiss cheese.
- Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Put about 1 tablespoon of veggie mix onto the center of each cutlet and roll it up; fasten with toothpick.
- Lay cutlets in greased baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 45 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Sprinkle with shredded swiss and parmesean cheeses.
- Place under the broiler just until cheese is melted.
- Serve with rice and bread.
- NOTE: Be sure to pound the cutlets thin. If they are not thin enough, they take longer to cook and do tend to be a little dry.