Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is so easy, yet so flavorful and tender. It will melt in your mouth. Also makes plenty of leftovers for sandwiches.
- 1 (5 -6 lb) beef brisket
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (hickory or mesquite)
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer (your preference)
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Put brisket in large roasting pan. Mix worcestershire sauce, bbq sauce, beer, light brown sugar, and red onion. Pour over brisket. Cover roasting pan with double layer of tin foil.
- Bake @ 300 degrees for 4-1/2 hours. Remove brisket from pan, cover loosely with foil.
- Place cooking liquid from roasting pan into saucepan. Bring to a boil. Stir in the cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Slice brisket and serve with sauce.