Recipe by kitchenslave03
From Cooking Light. It was presented as a vegetarian main dish, but I think it would make a nice side dish for meat-eaters. If you prefer a milder dish, remove the seeds and ribs from the jalapeno.
- 1 cup fresh basil, loosely packed
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, loosely pascked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 jalapeno, halved
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1⁄2 cups fennel bulbs, thinly sliced-about 1 bulb
- 1 cup red bell pepper, in strips
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, in strips
- cooking spray
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut in 12 wedges
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Place first 9 ingredients in a food processor, process til smooth.
- Combine basil mixture, cauliflower and next 5 ingredients, tossing well to coat. Arrange vegetables on a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450 for 15 min or til lightly browned. Add tomato and chickpeas; bake an additional 5 minutes. Serve with rice, if desired.