From Cooking Light. It was presented as a vegetarian main dish, but I think it would make a nice side dish for meat-eaters. If you prefer a milder dish, remove the seeds and ribs from the jalapeno.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup fresh basil, loosely packed
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, loosely pascked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 jalapeno, halved
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups fennel bulbs, thinly sliced-about 1 bulb
- 1 cup red bell pepper, in strips
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, in strips
- cooking spray
- 1 medium tomato, cut in 12 wedges
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1Preheat oven to 450.
- 2Place first 9 ingredients in a food processor, process til smooth.
- 3Combine basil mixture, cauliflower and next 5 ingredients, tossing well to coat. Arrange vegetables on a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray.
- 4Bake at 450 for 15 min or til lightly browned. Add tomato and chickpeas; bake an additional 5 minutes. Serve with rice, if desired.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Firecracker Vegetable Roast
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.0
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 534.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: