Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
I love potatoes, especially with cheese. Got this from a Cabot cheese pamphlet.
- 1 head garlic, top trimmed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 lbs potatoes, scrubbed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces light cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers
- 1 tablespoon sliced jalapeno pepper, garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put garlic head on large square of aluminum foil and drizzle with oil. Gather foil around garlic, twisting top to close tightly. Bake 60 minutes or until pulp is golden and very soft. When cool enough to handle, break apart cloves and squeeze pulp from each into a small bowl; mash to puree with fork.
- In large pot of boiling, salted water, cook potatoes until tender, about 20 minute Drain well and return to pot.
- Add cheddar cheese, chiptole peppers and garlic puree. Mash to combine, leaving potatoes very chunky. Garnish with jalepeno peppers.