Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Scallions, ginger, and red pepper flakes - along with a splash of white wine - help give this shrimp dish it's firepower. This recipe was in our local newspaper.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tiger shrimp, peeled and deveined
- red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 lb snow peas
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup shrimp stock
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Heat a saute pan over high heat, then add oil and butter.
- Season shrimp with salt (to taste) and roll in pepper flakes (to taste). When oil and butter are hot, saute shrimp 2 minutes, then remove from pan and reserve.
- Reduce heat to medium and add ginger and garlic. Saute 1 minute.
- Add bell pepper and snow peas to pan and saute 2 more minutes.
- Add wine and reduce by half.
- Add soy sauce and stock, simmer 3 minutes.
- Add honey and and then shrimp back to pan.
- Mix rice flour and water until slurry and add to the pan. Stir till sauce thickens.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Top with scallions and serve over jasmine rice.