Scallions, ginger, and red pepper flakes - along with a splash of white wine - help give this shrimp dish it's firepower. This recipe was in our local newspaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 lbs tiger shrimp, peeled and deveined
- red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 lb snow peas
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup shrimp stock
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1Heat a saute pan over high heat, then add oil and butter.
- 2Season shrimp with salt (to taste) and roll in pepper flakes (to taste). When oil and butter are hot, saute shrimp 2 minutes, then remove from pan and reserve.
- 3Reduce heat to medium and add ginger and garlic. Saute 1 minute.
- 4Add bell pepper and snow peas to pan and saute 2 more minutes.
- 5Add wine and reduce by half.
- 6Add soy sauce and stock, simmer 3 minutes.
- 7Add honey and and then shrimp back to pan.
- 8Mix rice flour and water until slurry and add to the pan. Stir till sauce thickens.
- 9Adjust seasonings to taste.
- 10Top with scallions and serve over jasmine rice.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Firecracker Shrimp With Firepower
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.8
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 268.2 mg
- Sodium 1368.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 39.5 g