Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
Makes a great spicy dish to serve over rice or pasta. Can explode with spice if you like it, but adjust the heat to your taste. So easy and quick to prepare, and tastes like you put so much more effort into it.
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 scallion, finely sliced
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- hot cooked rice or pasta
- Sprinkle shrimp with creole seasoning, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Cook shrimp in olive oil in a hot skillet just until pink and curled, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and green onions and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in the whipping cream and cook until dish is warmed, stirring frequently.
- Mix in parsley and lemon juice just before serving.
- Serve over pasta or hot cooked rice, if desired.
Delicious, Sue! I doubled the sauce and probably added more green onion and parsley than called for. I didn't make this super spicy as I was serving with Chardonnay. It didn't get as thick as I would like, so I added some parmesan cheese and instead of using lemon juice, I used about a fourth cup of white wine. Very simple, very good...another keeper!
I've made this several times now and thought I would finally write a review. This is SOO good! I serve it over angel hair and it is a hit every time. Thanks for a great recipe!
One of the best recipes I have tried! Extremely easy if you use shrimp that is already shelled and devained. Also great as leftovers. Very spicey if you use the highest amounts of creole seasoning and cayenne pepper. To thicken the recipe I added about 1 teaspoon of cornstarch mixed with a little water and while stirring boiled the mixture for about a minute. I served it over angel hair pasta. YUMMY!