Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Here's a recipe for spicing up shrimp. Prep time includes the minimum marinating time. These can be served hot or chilled and used as an appetizer.
- Place the ingredients for the mash in a food processor or blender and blend until a smooth paste forms (probably about 1 minute).
- Place in a covered dish with the shrimp and marinate at least 1 hour, preferably overnight.
- Heat the tablespoon of olive oil and saute the shrimp until pink.
- Use the lemon juice to deglaze the pan, and season the shrimp with salt as needed.
- If desired, you can garnish with thinly sliced avocado, sprigs of cilantro, or cherry tomatoes.
This is an excellent way to prepare shrimp. I made it accordingly and garnished with sliced avocado, cilantro springs and cherry tomato halves. Lovely dish. Nice and Spicy, I also left the seeds in 1 jalapeno ;) cuz I like it HOT! Thanks for posting this recipe... It's a *keeper* ~V