Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
Make and share this Firecracker Prawns recipe from Food.com.
- 5 lbs shrimp, u/12 size
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon zest, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh thyme (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley (minced)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pancetta bacon (thinly sliced)
- 5 juice lemons
- Preheat flat grill to 350°F.
- Shell and devein the shrimp, leaving the tail on.
- In a medium stainless bowl, combine the olive oil, grated lemon zest, cayenne pepper, thyme, and all but about two tablespoons of the parsley.
- Add shrimp, stir to coat, and marinate for 2 hours.
- Wrap each shrimp in a slice of pancetta bacon, overlapping the pancetta slightly with each turn to completely cover the shrimp.
- Thread the shrimp on skewers.
- Cook the shrimp over heat until pancetta begins to color and the shrimp are pink and opaque throughout.
- Remove shrimp from skewers and toss with the lemon juice and reserved parsley.
- Plate with starch choice, vegetable, and thyme sprig and lemon zest garnish.