Recipe by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
B A M ! This will clear out your sinuses, make your eyes tear and rock your taste buds! I picked up this recipe and the wasabi mayonnaise at Trader Joe's, it's awesome. Cook time does not include chilling.
- 1 lb yukon gold potato, with peels
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup wasabi mayonnaise
- 4 green onions, rinsed and sliced with tops
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup roasted yellow pepper, roasted, drained & chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice potatoes lengthwise, add water to pot. Bring water to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook potatoes until slightly undercooked.
- Pour off hot water and submerge potatoes in cold water.
- Once cool to touch, cut into bite sized chunks or break apart into medium pieces.
- Add wasabi mayo, sliced onions and chopped peppers. Toss to coat potatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine, chill & serve.
- To reduce the heat factor, cut wasabi mayo with your favorite mayonnaise.
- UPDATE: 5/25/08.
- If wasabi mayo is not available, wasabi powder can be mixed with mayonnaise to desired taste. It does pack a little "heat".
- Fingerling or baby red potatoes can be used.