1/1 Photo of Firecracker Potato Salad
Chicagoland Chef du Jour's Note:
B A M ! This will clear out your sinuses, make your eyes tear and rock your taste buds! I picked up this recipe and the wasabi mayonnaise at Trader Joe's, it's awesome. Cook time does not include chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice potatoes lengthwise, add water to pot. Bring water to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook potatoes until slightly undercooked.
- 2Pour off hot water and submerge potatoes in cold water.
- 3Once cool to touch, cut into bite sized chunks or break apart into medium pieces.
- 4Add wasabi mayo, sliced onions and chopped peppers. Toss to coat potatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Combine, chill & serve.
- 7To reduce the heat factor, cut wasabi mayo with your favorite mayonnaise.
- 8UPDATE: 5/25/08.
- 9If wasabi mayo is not available, wasabi powder can be mixed with mayonnaise to desired taste. It does pack a little "heat".
- 10Fingerling or baby red potatoes can be used.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Firecracker Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.6
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 708.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: