Recipe by chia
easy to throw together and great to come home to.
Top Review by JennK
This was a hit. I modified it slightly. We used pork loin and used a prepared pork rub. Also, I could not find a can of chipotle chile so I used a chipotle BBQ sauce and it was still very good. The fruit salsa was perfect. And eating it in a tortilla is the best!
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (5 lb) boneless pork butt, trimmed and cut in half
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chiles
- 1 onion, chopped
- 16 flour tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 1⁄2 cups mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup kiwi, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro or 1⁄2 cup basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- for the salsa:.
- combine all ingredients, cover and refrigerate 2-24 hours.
- for the pork:.
- combine the first 5 ingredients and rub over pork.
- place is a 6 quart crock pot.
- combine water, chiles and onion in a food processor, pour over pork.
- cook on high for 1 hour.
- switch to low heat and cook for 9 hours until pork is tender.
- remove pork and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- shred meat with 2 forks, set aside.
- skim fat from cooking liquid.
- return pork and cook on high for 15 minutes until warmed through.
- serve on tortillas with fruit salsa.