1/1 Photo of Firecracker Pasta Salad
Kay Demonbren's Note:
from Meals.com. I changed the amounts of the olive oil and red wine vinegar; it just seemed a little too dry. It's not spicy or anything, so I'm not sure why it's called "firecracker"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (9 ounce) packages cheese tortellini, cooked and chilled
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped (used a red one, for more color contrast)
- 1/2 cup pitted and halved ripe olives
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded romano cheese
- 1Heat oil in small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add garlic; cook for 1 minute.
- 3Pour into large bowl; cool.
- 4Whisk in vinegar.
- 5Add pasta, tomatoes, broccoli, bell pepper, olives, Parmesan cheese and Romano cheese; toss well to coat.
- 6Refrigerate or serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Firecracker Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.4
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 35.0 mg
- Sodium 590.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 13.0 g