from Meals.com. I changed the amounts of the olive oil and red wine vinegar; it just seemed a little too dry. It's not spicy or anything, so I'm not sure why it's called "firecracker"
- 2 (9 ounce) packages cheese tortellini, cooked and chilled
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped (used a red one, for more color contrast)
- 1⁄2 cup pitted and halved ripe olives
- 1⁄2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup freshly shredded romano cheese
- Heat oil in small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic; cook for 1 minute.
- Pour into large bowl; cool.
- Whisk in vinegar.
- Add pasta, tomatoes, broccoli, bell pepper, olives, Parmesan cheese and Romano cheese; toss well to coat.
- Refrigerate or serve immediately.
I make this quite often. My husband LOVES it (and so do I)! He likes to carry this to work whenever they have a group meal.
I have made this recipe (ok my husband made it) and actually brought it to me in the hospital. It was great. I love cheese tortelli