Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
From pampered chef's Kids in the Kitchen cookbook. Easy for kids and fun. Requires ice shaver.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unsweetened strawberry Kool-Aid (red)
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelopeberry flavor unsweetened Kool-Aid powdered drink mix (blue)
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelopelemonade flavor unsweetened Kool-Aid powdered drink mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- sugar ice cream cone (optional)
- Measure out 1 tsp strawberry Kool aid powder and place in 1 ice shaver tub.
- Add 1 T water and stir until completely dissolved.
- In second tub, dissolve 1 tsp berry mix in 1 T water.
- In third tub, dissolve lemonade powder in water.
- In medium bowl, whisk sweetened condensed milk and 2 1/2 C water until well blended.
- Pour 1 1/4 C of the milk mixture into each tub, stirring gently until liquid is all one color.
- Cover tubs with lids and place in freezer until firm (about 6 hours.).
- Place chilled bowl under ice shaver to catch shavings.
- Remove frozen mixture from 1 tub and shave with ice shaver. Repeat with remaining tubs.
- Using ice cream scoop, scoop shaved ices into serving dishes or sugar cones, if desired.