Prep 5 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Found this in a newspaper many years ago. The original recipe called for peanut oil but olive is better for you. The prep time includes marinating the fish.
- 4 fish fillets (any thick one will do)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons green onions (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ginger (grated)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1⁄3 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- parsley (to garnish, chopped)
- Put fillets in glass dish and set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients and whisk together.
- Pour marinade over fish.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 4-6 hours.
- Remove from marinade.
- Place on well oiled grill about 5 inches from coals/burner.
- Cook about 10 minutes (flipping halfway through) per inch or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Remove and serve with parsley sprinkled on top.