Recipe by loof
These are terrific for tailgates or football parties! From "5-Ingredient Grilling"...
Top Review by Noo
Well strike a match, light that fuse, and stand well back...these little chaps are dynamite!!!
DH insisted on fried onions to go with them, so after cooking them off, I threw in the extra marinade to perk them up...they were great!
DH thought these dogs were amazing, and is already looking forward to me making them again- not only that, they were SO simple that I could even trust him to make them!!!
Made and reviewed as a THANK YOU for tagging in PRMR during the recent TIC-TAC-TOE event.
- 1 (5 ounce) bottle Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 hot dogs (footlong or bun length)
- 4 hot dog buns
Directions See How It's Made
- In a resealable bag, combine the Tabasco, onion, and oregano. Add the hot dogs and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain the hot dogs, reserving the marinade. Grill the hot dogs over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, turning several times. Toast the buns during the last minute of grilling time.
- While hot dogs are cooking, put the reserved marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot dogs in buns, topped with some of the reserved marinade and onions or relish if desired.