1/1 Photo of Firecracker Enchiladas
Southern Sugar Dumplin's Note:
Super fast week night meal. From Rachel Ray. I had to do a couple things differently than the way Rachel calls for them to be made. I found the corn tortillas to tear when folded unless heated through first - either in the microwave or in a hot pan just coated with oil. Would let sit in heated oven more like 10-15 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (2 lb) rotisserie-cooked chicken, meat shredded
- 1 lb muenster cheese, grated
- 3 chipotle chiles in adobo, seeded and finely chopped
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add two thirds of the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 2Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in 1 1/2 cups water and the tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin and salt; bring to boil. Simmer 5 minutes; set aside.
- 3Preheat the broiler. In a large bowl, mix the chicken, two thirds of the cheese and the chiles.
- 4Spread 1 cup of the enchilada sauce in a large casserole dish. Dip one tortilla in the remaining sauce to coat both sides and transfer to a plate. Fill with chicken mixture, roll up and transfer to the casserole dish, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- 5Top with the remaining onion, sauce and cheese; broil until just golden, about 5 minutes. Turn off the broiler and leave in the oven until heated through, about 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Firecracker Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 658.2
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 124.7 mg
- Sodium 1863.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 39.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo