Recipe by Charlotte J
Cooking time for the eggs is not figured in. From the Egg Board.
Top Review by mydesigirl
Very good deviled egg! Different than what we're use to. Change is good!! I followed the recipe exactly. I used minced black olives and topped them off with baby red pepper slices and green onion slices. These would be very pretty on a Christmas buffet. They were very quick to put together and gone as soon as the pictures were taken. Thanks so much for posting! Made for 12 Days of Christmas recipe Swap.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1⁄3 cup mild salsa
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon black olives, dried on paper towel then chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- green onion (optional)
- red pepper, cut into thin strips (optional)
- parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove yolks and set whites aside.
- In small bowl, mash yolks with fork.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Refill whites, using one heaping tablespoon yolk mixture for each egg half.
- Chill to blend flavors.
- Garnish with green onions, red pepper strips, or parsley, if desired.