Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cooking time for the eggs is not figured in. From the Egg Board.
Make and share this Firecracker Deviled Eggs recipe from Food.com.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1⁄3 cup mild salsa
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon black olives, dried on paper towel then chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- green onion (optional)
- red pepper, cut into thin strips (optional)
- parsley (optional)
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove yolks and set whites aside.
- In small bowl, mash yolks with fork.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Refill whites, using one heaping tablespoon yolk mixture for each egg half.
- Chill to blend flavors.
- Garnish with green onions, red pepper strips, or parsley, if desired.
Very good deviled egg! Different than what we're use to. Change is good!! I followed the recipe exactly. I used minced black olives and topped them off with baby red pepper slices and green onion slices. These would be very pretty on a Christmas buffet. They were very quick to put together and gone as soon as the pictures were taken. Thanks so much for posting! Made for 12 Days of Christmas recipe Swap.
We LOVED these deviled eggs! Thanks for a recipe I'll make many, many times. :)
what a gread deviled egg recipe! I doubled the complete recipe and also added in some Tabasco, seasoned salt and black pepper, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)