Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great for the 4th of July. Serve after lunch or on a picnic. Very easy to make.
- 1 (14 ounce) packagebaker's angel flake coconut
- 6 drops blue food coloring
- 6 drops red food coloring
- 24 baked cupcakes, cooled, paper liners removed
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- 24 (4 inch) red licorice strings (24 4-inch pieces)
- Divide coconut into thirds. Set one third aside. Place remaining thirds in separate plastic bags.
- Add blue food coloring to coconut in one bag and red food coloring to coconut in second bag.
- Close bags; shake until coconut is evenly tinted.
- Spread tops and sides of cupcakes with whipped topping.
- Place coconut in 3 shallow bowls. One for each color.
- Press cupcake gently into coconut, completely coating all sides.
- Insert licorice piece into top of each cupcake for "fuse.".