Firecracker Chili Pepper Chicken
- Blend together the Marinade ingredients to form a marinade. Pound the chicken breasts on both sides to tenderize the meat, but do not flatten it, then add to marinade and stir to coat well. Let marinade for 1 hour.
- Prep Sauce Mix by combining the soy sauce, sugar, rice wine, Chinese vinegar, sesame oil, water, 267 Tequila Infusion Chili Pepper and cornstarch in a bowl, stir and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium, add chicken and fry until it is cooked through then transfer to a plate, cover with aluminum foil, and put in a low (180°) oven.
- Rinse out the skillet and heat the remaining 3 tablespoons oil in it over high heat, add the chili peppers to the hot oil and stir them until fragrant. Increase the heat to medium high, add the garlic, ginger, and green onions, stir to combine, add the nuts and stir well. Increase the heat to high and add the sauce mixture, stir quickly and cook until the sauce thickens, and remove from heat.
- Slice the cooked chicken and fan pieces on a warmed serving platter or individual plates. Spoon the sauce on the top.