Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
from Betty Crocker's New Chicken Cookbook, July 1998
- 12 chicken wings, about 2 1/2 pounds
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- sour cream, if desired
- Fold tips of chicken wings under opposite ends to form triangles.
- Place remaining ingredients except sour cream in heavy-duty resealable plastic bag. Seal bag and shake to blend seasonings. Add chicken. Seal bag and shake until chicken is coated with seasonings. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes but no longer than 24 hours.
- Heat coals or gas grill.
- Cover and grill chicken 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 20 to 25 minutes, turning after 10 minutes, until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Serve chicken with sour cream.