Recipe by Charmie777
I've had this recipe for ages, and can't remember where I originally got it. It's a good hot stir fry! Serve with steamed rice.
Top Review by mersaydees
My very picky husband helped me rate this, and we are Asian-loving cooks, so here goes! This has great bones! The only change we made, if you can call it that, is for the oil: we used some sesame oil and a little bit of hot chili oil. This is fabulous! Thanks, Charmie!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3⁄4 lb chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 onion, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 6 dried red chili peppers
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot Chinese chili paste
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat large skillet or wok until very hot.
- Add oil.
- When oil is hot add chicken and stir fry until done, just a few minutes.
- Remove chicken.
- Add remaining ingredients except for peanuts and stir fry until tender crisp.
- Add chicken back into pan.
- Toss thru to reheat.
- Stir in peanuts.