Recipe by Mims & Squims
Spicy twist on an American classic!
Top Review by iris5555
I halved the sauce and found that was enough for the burgers--but it was so good I could have easily added more! I used cajun seasoning rather than salt and pepper just for a little more zing and very much enjoyed this burger.
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons horseradish (from bottle, drained)
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 lb ground turkey breast or 1 lb lean ground beef
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 wheat hamburger buns
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup lettuce, finely shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, horseradish, relish, and jalapenos. Cover with saran wrap and chill.
- Season meat with salt and pepper. Shape into patties and grill one side 5-8 minutes. Flip, top with cheese, & grill 5-8 more minutes till cooked through.
- Use garlic press to mince garlic (or finely chop by hand). Mix into butter to make garlic butter. Brush burger buns with garlic butter & grill to toast.
- Serve patties on toasted buns & top with sour cream/horseradish mixture, tomato slices, lettuce, and desired condiments.