Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was a finalist in the "Grilled Beef" category of the 2003 National Beef Cook-Off. Found it on the Texas beef website.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 4 sesame seed rolls, split and toasted
- 1 cup mixed greens
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon jamaican jerk spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine the ground beef, curry powder, jerk seasoning, and 1 tsp salt in a large bowl. Mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape into 4 (3/4-inch) thick patties.
- Heat grill to medium.
- Place patties on the grill and grill 13-15 min, uncovered for medium doneness. Turning two to three times.
- Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, lime juice, lime zest, and 1/4 tsp salt in a small bowl.
- Spread sauce on cut sides of rolls.
- Place a burger on bottom half of each roll; top evenly with the mixed greens.
- Top with the other half of the rolls and serve.
Wonderful recipe! Very refreshing. We loved the lime sauce. :)