Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These burgers have quite a kick and are very tasty. I like these so much better than traditional burgers. You can use the breaded cheddar cheese jalapenos from the freezer at the grocery store but I used jarred jalapenos since I can do without the cheese.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chunky salsa
- jarred jalapeno
- 1⁄4 cup guacamole
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1⁄4 cup salsa con queso, dip
- 1⁄4 cup sliced plum tomato
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 4 slices red onions (thin slices)
- In a bowl, combine beef and salsa. Shape into 4 patties.
- Place 2-3 jalapenos in center of each;wrap beef around jalapeno, forming a ball.
- Reshape into patties about 3 1/2 inches to 4 inches in diameter and 1 inches thick.
- Grill, covered, over medium hot heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink.
- Spread guacamole over toasted side of bun tops. On each bun bottom layer lettuce, a burger, dip, tomatoes, olives, and onion. Replace tops.