Recipe by looneytunesfan
These tasty stuffed burgers are perfect July 4th fare. They’re great with a cool, creamy macaroni salad and an icy cold drink!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chunky salsa
- 4 frozen breaded cheese-stuffed jalapeno peppers, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup guacamole
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1⁄4 cup salsa con queso (dip)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced plum tomato
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 4 slices sweet onions (thin slices)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the beef and salsa. Shape into four patties. Place a jalapeno in the center of each; wrap beef around jalapeno, forming a ball. Reshape into patties, about 3-1/2 to 4 inches in diameter and 1 inches thick.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Spread guacamole over toasted side of bun tops. On each bun bottom, layer lettuce, a burger, con queso dip, tomatoes, olives and onion; replace tops.