Recipe by 12345678980123455677889
Say "Goodbye" to Red Pepper Jelly! This is a wonderful Jelly to spread on crackers with cream cheese... just as you would Red Pepper Jelly. Also wonderful when paired with cheeses (Brie and Cheddar are both good picks).
- 9 cups blackberries (Fresh or Frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 -4 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes (Dried)
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package dry pectin
- 5 cups sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, stem, drain, and crush berries. Drip through jelly bag or cheesecloth-lined sieve to equal 3 cups blackberry juice.
- Combine blackberry juice and vinegar in a large pot. Add Red Pepper Flakes, Dry Pectin and Sugar. Stirring to mix well.
- Stirring constantly, bring to a rolling boil and boil 1 minute (Be Careful! A rolling boil can not be stirred down).
- Remove jelly from heat.
- Skim off bubbles. Ladle jelly into hot, sterilized containers, one at a time. Fill to within 1/8 inch of top if using self-sealing lids. Fill to within 1/2 inch of top is sealing with paraffin. Wipe rim of jar or glass with a clean damp cloth.
- Can/Seal jars according to safe canning methods.