Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you like chocolate & spicy foods ... You're gonna love these!
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons tabasco brand pepper sauce
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- Melt chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in walnuts, rum and TABASCO brand Pepper Sauce and mix well.
- Refrigerate mixture about 15 minutes.
- Shape into 1-inch balls, then roll in sugar to coat.
- Store in refrigerator.
Rather good and easy chocolate truffles. The 'fire' from the tabasco isn't noticed until an aftertaste in your throat and then people tend to think it's the rum. I wanted to try these after having hot chocolate in New Mexico that had chile powder in it.