Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My husband was looking for recipes with smoked sausage and found this one from Taste of Home. This has become one of our favorites. Be sure to use FIRE-ROASTED spaghetti sauce. Quick, easy, and delicious!
- 1 (8 ounce) package ziti pasta or 1 small penne pasta
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, UNDRAINED
- 1 (26 ounce) jarfire-roasted tomato and garlic spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions for firm or al dente; drain and return to the pan.
- Stir in the tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, and sausage; heat through.
- Stir in 1 cup mozzarella and the cottage cheese. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and heat over medium heat for 2-5 minutes or until mozzarella is melted.