Recipe by Beaner #2
My husband was looking for recipes with smoked sausage and found this one from Taste of Home. This has become one of our favorites. Be sure to use FIRE-ROASTED spaghetti sauce. Quick, easy, and delicious!
- 1 (8 ounce) package ziti pasta or 1 small penne pasta
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, UNDRAINED
- 1 (26 ounce) jarfire-roasted tomato and garlic spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup cottage cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions for firm or al dente; drain and return to the pan.
- Stir in the tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, and sausage; heat through.
- Stir in 1 cup mozzarella and the cottage cheese. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and heat over medium heat for 2-5 minutes or until mozzarella is melted.