Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a WW recipe. We love soup and fire roasted tomatoes so this sounds like a match made in heaven. I am posting here to save.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots or 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 4 quarter-size fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups fire-roasted tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup fat-free chicken or 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup 1% milk or 1⁄2 cup fat-free milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives or 1 tablespoon scallion
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add the shallot or onion and ginger and cook gently until softened.
- Add garlic and tomatoes. Simmer until the mixture begins to thicken. Add broth and milk and bring to a boil. Remove immediately from heat.
- Transfer to a food processor or blender or use an immersion blender. Process until smooth. Return to pan and gently reheat. Serve immediate. Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with chives or scallion.