1/6 Photos of Fire Roasted Tomato Soup
Home made Roasted Vegetable Stock (Highly recommend) and canned Fire Roasted Tomatoes come together to make a roasted tomato soup that is full of flavor. For an Italian flavor use basil and for a South West flavor us Cilantro. Prep time does not include time to make Roasted Vegetable Stock as I had some in the freezer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups roasted vegetable stock, this is the one we think has the best flavor and adds the most to this soup Roasted Vegetable Stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves or 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more or less depending on taste)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until onion is crisp-tender.
- 2Stir in tomatoes, stock, 1 tablespoon of the basil or cilantro, the sugar and pepper flakes. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat; cool slightly, about 15 minutes.
- 3In blender, place half of the mixture. Cover; blend until pureed. Return to saucepan. Repeat with remaining mixture. Heat over medium heat until hot. Remove from heat. Stir in cream and remaining 1 tablespoon basil or cilantro.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fire Roasted Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.2
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 40.7 mg
- Sodium 23.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: