1/3 Photos of Fire Roasted Tomato Soup
Kozmic Blues's Note:
Deliciously warm and comforting, but so simple! And it is low fat too. This is an adptation of a recipe I saw on the Fat Free Vegan Kitchen website. The author of the site mentions using the Muir Glenn brand of organic Fire Roasted Tomatoes, which is what I used when I made this. I believe this recipe is WW Core, if the sugar is not added
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, crushed between your fingers
- 4 roasted garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley or 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2-1 teaspoon sugar (if needed)
- 1Over medium heat, sauté the onion and celery in a medium non-stick saucepan sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- 2When the onion is translucent, add the tomatoes, broth, oregano, rosemary.
- 3Simmer on very low heat for 10 minutes.
- 4Transfer soup to the blender, (work in batches if you need to) add the roasted garlic, and puree until fairly smooth.
- 5Add the parsley and salt and pepper to taste, and simmer for about 10 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- 6Taste the soup, and if it is too acidic, add a little sugar to taste.
- 7Serve with some chopped fresh basil.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fire Roasted Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 37.8
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 157.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced fire-roasted tomatoes