If you have not tried fire roasted tomatoes, you are really missing out. In my opinion, the roasting brings out the sweetness of the tomatoes and it is much less acidic. This recipe makes enough for about 3/4 to 1 pound of pasta. A wonderful tasty meal in 30 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute garlic and onion lightly in olive oil.
- 2Remove from pan and place in blender with tomatoes; blend and set aside.
- 3In same pan as onion mixture was cooked, crumble and saute Italian sausage til browned.
- 4Add tomato mixture and 8oz can of sauce and water to pan.
- 5Salt and pepper to taste and add chopped basil.
- 6Simmer for 30 minutes; add to pasta and enjoy!
- 7Note: Be careful how much salt you add - the sausage is salty also.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fire Roasted Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.1
- Calories from Fat 342
- Total Fat 38.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 1886.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 23.5 g